Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blog 13 - Feast or Famine

~

That's the way it is with our lives...feast or famine. Either we have ten thousand things to do or we're sitting around bored out of our skulls.

I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.

Anywhoooo... Xander's show went beautifully. He and the other kid (who was the Board of Director's son - score) were professional and focused. It's hard working with a kid, and everyone was a little nervous. But they ended up the little darlings of the night. They were able to work 5 hours each day PLUS do the show without a single hitch. So proud of both of them.

(He was asked to do a show at Zach...I don't think I mentioned that in any of my blogs here - but no one is reading these so I won't bother to explain again. k, thanks!)

Then, Xander had to get up this morning and do a piece at his piano teacher's church. I was a little nervous that I would burst into flames upon crossing the threshold, but I am happy to report that apart from a little heartburn from last night's wine, I walked away unscathed.

I have a little video to share, but the Gods had one little snicker at me - my batteries ran out during the piece. I guess it was the only way to get me. Hey! I DID get burned!

So, here it is - what little bit I got. It was a gorgeous piece, and I'm hoping they'll let me get more video of it at the next class.



No comments: