Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blog...um...9?

~

I'm still writing my Blog A Day (S_ has coined it BaD) but some of them just aren't relevant here...if you don't know the people, they make no sense. Our BaD has turned into its own animal...and that's a good thing.

So, it looks like I've missed a few if you look at this journal...but since I don't think anyone is watching this one I feel safe from reprisals.

But I'll still carry on.....

;-)

...............

I was writing a message and my brain went this direction:

It's an interesting phenomena, this online friendship; this cyber-culture. Without the normal societal practices, friendship is something quite different. You cannot use sight or sound or smells or touch to make judgment calls - it's completely raw. I would argue that it's the purest form of relating to another Human Being.

With someone online, the emphasis is on communication, so you have a clearer understanding of what that someone is really all about. (I'm cutting off the tail end of the bell curve that encompasses the crazies and the serial killers, of course.) As online communication progresses, it's own language and rules of conduct emerge. We are witness to the birth of a society.

What defines a society? Language? Art? Social networks?

I could go on, but I have to return to the "other" society and make dinner.

I hate cooking. If only there was such a thing as cyber-food.

~

No comments: