Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blog 19 - Keep on Truckin'

~

Even though I blew it I'm still going to try and keep this up. Like John, I'll call a mulligan and see if anyone notices.

I'm not sure if making an excuse will help my plight, but I'll give it a go.

This weekend was the "Christmas" weekend. My brother and his wife, Satan, came to grace us with their presence - fully expecting us to grace them with presents. (If that wasn't so cheesy I'd be proud of the alliteration....)

To be fair, it isn't my brother's fault any more. He's so dead inside that he just moves around like a robot in Satan's wake. I suppose it is, technically, his fault since he married a gold-digging, manipulative, back-stabbing, super-bitch...but it's gotten beyond his control now. He's in his own private Hades and not even the gods could save him now.

Why is she Satan? Let me wax poetic for you:

- Before they were married I was staying with my brother (and paying rent) but she knew I didn't like her and was against them getting married...so she fabricated a story that made my brother upset to get me out. He sided with her, wouldn't listen to anything I said, so I moved out. It was only later that I discovered what she had done - and felt a right fool for falling into her manipulation.

- When she walked into my parents' nice home for the first time she said, "Oh! I'm going to inherit THIS?!"

- She lied about her age by 8 years. So, when they married (Black Sunday) she couldn't have children. She had already gone through "The Change."

- They adopted, and on the first night (they were at my parents' house) of my nephew's life she said, "I can't do this. We have to take him back." If my parents hadn't stepped in, I'm willing to bet she would have done it.

- When they come to visit, she guilts my 75-year-old mother into taking care of her children while she sits on the couch and does her nails.

- After the children were born she made my brother quit the job he loved because he traveled a lot (he was a project manager for the CDC and went all over the world teaching hospitals how to use software to track infectious diseases) and she insisted that it wasn't "fair" that she had to take care of the children by herself. After he found a job that involved 4 hours' drive time with less pay she got a job where she travels...a lot.

I could go on...but I'm feeling ill just going over this.

The reason for the missed posting is because my mother is quite ill, and I had to go out there to ensure that Satan didn't over-work my mother while she convalesces. It was tiring, thankless work.

I love my nephews and I feel for them. Satan is the type of mother who treats her children with contempt. At first I was hoping they wouldn't be able to adopt another child, but now I'm glad - at least my two nephews will have each other to support.

And I'm making sure I have enough space for when they are old enough to walk away from her. They'll always have unconditional love and respect from at least one member of the family.

~

No comments: